Enterprise Architecture for LandWarNet 2020 and Beyond
The Army Information Enterprise Architecture (IEA) represents the totality of the LandWarNet architecture and supports the Army Enterprise Information Environment, and the Warfighting, Business, and Defense Intelligence Mission Areas.
The IEA architecture includes the LandWarNet (LWN) Enterprise Architecture, the Network Capability Set (NCS) Reference Architecture, and a set of Enterprise Reference Architectures. Each provides the architecture guidance and direction to achieve the vision in the Army Network Campaign Plan. This includes policy, principles and rules, constraints, technical guidance, standards and forecasts, implementation conventions, and criteria.
LWN 2020 guidance is the basis for architecture publications on this website. LWN 2025 guidance will be reflected in future versions of the architectures.
- LandWarNet 2020 and Beyond Enterprise Architecture v2.0 (Aug. 2014). Provides architecture guidance and direction to align Army IT investments with the Army IT vision and with the DoD Information Enterprise Architecture (DoD IEA). Supersedes LandWarNet 2020 and Beyond Enterprise Architecture v1.0 (August 2013).
- Annex A: Technical Standards Guidance v2.0 (Aug 2014). Describes the Army Technical Guidance Repository that provides the technical standards for LandWarNet IT systems. Provides Army-level guidance to the Acquisition and IT System Development communities. Establishes the Technical Standards Lifecycle Management process. Supersedes Appendix A Technical Architecture (Mar. 2012).
- Appendix C to Annex A: Army Standards Profile Guidance In Support of Common Operating Environment (COE) v3. Describes a new process, leveraging the DOD Information Technology Standards Registry, to create the annual Army CIO/G-6 Standards Profile Guidance. Provides technical guidance to the acquisition/testing community for COE v3 implementation in FY19 and supports Program Objective Memorandum FY17-21 planning for Materiel Developers. Tab A (Core) provides Army IT system developers and stakeholders with an Army Standards Profile; Tab B (Use Cases) provides additional data supplements for TAB A and Use Cases for Big Data, Cloud Computing, and Content Delivery & Discovery.
Note: The above documents supersede LandWarNet 2020 and Beyond Enterprise Architecture v1.0, including Appendices A – D.
- Network Capability Set (NCS) Reference Architecture (to be published in 2015). Sets the architecture guidance that drives NCS design for each fiscal year. Describes how LandWarNet will transition to its future state.
- Enterprise Reference Architectures. Aids in the resolution of specific recurring problems and explains context, goals, purpose, and the problems being solved.
- Unified Capabilities (UC) v1.0 (Oct. 2013; v2.0 to be published in 2015). Supports both real-time audio and video and non-real-time data applications. Provides UC implementation guidance and solution architecture.
- Network Operations v1.0 (Mar. 2014; v2.0 to be published in 2015). Guides the update and standardization of Network Operations to increase flexibility, simplify processes, and improve network defenses.
- Identity and Access Management (IdAM) v4.0 (Sept. 2014) . Establishes functional and technical boundaries for Army IdAM Services. Expands guidance to support design, development, deployment, and transition to a Joint Information Environment IdAM service framework and infrastructure. Supersedes v3.0 (May 2014).
- End-User Devices v1.0 (Sept. 2014). Standardizes end-user computing experience, back-end management, and control. End-User Devices v1.0 includes Thin/Zero Client Computing v1.0 as Annex A.
- Army Enterprise Cloud Computing v1.0 (Sept. 2014; v2.0 to be published in 2015). Informs, guides, and constrains delivery of cloud computing environments in DoD and non-DoD data centers and application migrations to these environments in support of the Army's transition to cloud computing.