Welcome to your one stop shop for Windows 10 training.
Whether you are an end user or technical expert, you will find all of your training needs on this website. The majority of training for end users will be offered through Army SkillPort – a portal that you may use throughout your career for a variety of training needs. We have also identified the required training for our Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level I, II, and III personnel to remain compliant with DoD 8570. Depending on the level, these will occur virtually, online through SkillPort or via off-site classes. Implementation training will also be provided to IMOs, SAs, and Helpdesk teams and will include hands-on training modules.
End Users This training is not mandatory.
All CAC users will have access to optional comprehensive Windows Training, at no cost to the unit, through Army SkillPort
- Introduction to Windows 10 (1 Hour, 57 Minutes)
- Microsoft Windows 10 End User: Signing In and First View (37 Minutes)
- Microsoft Windows 10 End User: Hardware, Software, and Security Settings (48 Minutes)
- Microsoft Windows 10 End User: Customizing Windows 10 (1 Hour, 1 Minute)
- Microsoft Windows 10 First Look: Interface and New Features (42 Minutes)
- Microsoft Windows 10 End User: New Features (35 Minutes)
- Microsoft Windows 10 First Look: Configuration (33 Minutes)
More end-user training and information is available through Microsoft Virtual Academy
- Why Windows 10 Matters
- IT Professionals Getting Value from Windows 10
- Preparing Your Infrastructure for Windows 10
- What's New in Windows® 10
- Accelerate deployment of Windows 10 at scale
- Do Great Things With Windows 10
Training will be provided to IMOs, SAs, and Helpdesk teams and will include hands-on training modules. This training is being prepared by NETCOM, and Microsoft personnel will lead the training at various sites in each theater.
8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level I and II Technician
All Information Assurance personnel must become compliant with the mandated IT and Security standards under DoD Directive 8570. Level I and II certification can be completed at no cost to the unit through Army SkillPort
- CIO-G6 NETCOM IA - Microsoft Specialist Windows 10 – Configuring Windows Devices
- Introduction to Windows 10
- Deploy Windows 10 with New and Traditional Tools
- Configure Devices and Disks in Windows 10
- Configure Networking and Remote Connections in Windows 10
- Maintain Windows 10 and Configure Virtualization Technologies in Windows 10
- Configure User Data in Windows 10
- Configure Authentication and Secure Identities in Windows 10
- Threat Resistance Technologies in Windows 10
- Data Protection in Windows 10
- Install and Manage Windows 10 Applications and Universal Windows Apps
- Manage Windows 10 Devices
- Mentoring 70-697 Configuring Windows Device
- TestPrep 70-697 Configuring Windows Devices
8570 (IAT) Level III Technician
Level III is the highest certification under the DoD 8570 certification program. Technicians at this level must have certification for Microsoft Windows 10. Vouchers are needed for this training, and can be requested through your chain of command.